Yes, I have been home for three days and still haven't finished posting the rest of my trip to meet Wynn.
Time to catch up.
I had two conditions that had to be met in order for me to go to Media.
1. I must meet Ruthie
2. I must meet Tommy.
Those conditions were met on successive days and much fun and mischief took place.
Ruthie came over with her mother Amelia on Tuesday. I had been warned that Ruthie, who is three. was VERY shy, probably wouldn't speak to me and may not even look at me.
Oly immediately introduced me as "Grandpa" and after a wan smile, Ruthie was ready to play. Oly explained the "there will be NO laughing" rule, which was promptly disobeyed amid much loud laughter, enough so that Amelia had to ask Ruthie to keep it down. So much for shyness.
Then we played the "Grandpa, you go to sleep and we'll wake you up" game for about a half an hour.
Finally the girls were ready to play by themselves.
Oly decided to be a superhero and Ruthie borrowed Oly's fairy gear.
The two of them played so nicely together that Hallie and Amelia had the entire afternoon to chat, drink tea and relax while holding Wynn. Tragically unphotographed.
No comments:
Post a Comment