Friday, May 18, 2012

The Goobers Have Arrived


(also, their parents)

Amy, Jay, Lucy and Jasper are in the Seattle area for about 10 days and their whirlwind tour began at the Watertown Hotel.  Since they have high-end connections at the facility, they found themselves in a Jacuzzi equipped suite on Wednesday night.
I will let others blog about their experiences.

Being gloriously free of any daytime obligations, I was able to join them and Aunt Stephanie on Thursday. 

The first order of business was a visit to their suite.



Let the wild rumpus begin!

And wild we were for a time, starting with Grandpa powered rides on a ottoman with wheels., followed by spirited games of hide-and-seek.
Jasper is small enough that he fit behind one of Jay's shirts in the closet and I didn't even see him there.

Having exhausted ourselves (or at least Grandpa) we needed to settle down so.....

We went to pick up Steph at her apartment and headed over to Woodland Park Zoo.

Why enter on the pavement when you can walk on the rocks?



The first attraction was a penguin.









Jasper was more interested in the boat next to the exhibit.



We got to see some gorgeous birds.







But I think the highlight may have been the Komodo dragon.






We watched this guy be absolutely motionless for quite some time.  Finally, we realized that there was another, much more active one at the other end of the habitat.



He/she was moving around and flicking the forked tongue every few seconds.  This blurry photo is the best that I could get.  Then it dawned on me to take a video.



That's Amy's camera clicking away in the background.

And after that, there was climbing on the dragon statue.



Come to think of it, maybe the highlight was the jaguar.





But I liked the hippo.









And the zebra.




Actually, now I'm sure it was the orangutans.




But we really had fun watching the gorillas.
The baby climbed (very quickly) to the top of this tree.



While Lucy used her Mama's camera to photograph the older ones.




And Jasper rested......



OK, the absolute highlight was feeding the giraffes!!








And after a full day at the zoo, they were still friends.







1 comment:

  1. Lucky you David! I am sooo jealous. Such a fun day and holding hands at the end.

    ReplyDelete