Sunday, March 17, 2013

Alex at the State Championships


I have wanted to visit SLO for a long time and when Alex qualified for the State Championship meet AND it was being held in SLO, that was the perfect opportunity.

The meet consisted of six events and each participant performed in each event.
The events are:

Vault
Floor
Pommel Horse
High Bar
Parallel Bars
Rings

Alex's team has three members, which makes competing against other (larger) teams pretty tough.


The first thing I did even before the meet began, was to drop (and break) my camera.
Spectators are not very close to the competitors, so the fact that I was reduced to my iPhone camera seriously compromised my ability to photograph the competiton.

Here is Alex on the High Bar from a distance.





Great job, Alex!




I was able to get closer to the Rings.




Wow!



And two other scores that I managed to capture.






And then it was time for the results.
To everyone's very pleasant shock, Alex's team took second place!




Even better, Alex placed 10th overall and earned a spot at Regionals in Reno!




In fact, all three team members are going to Regionals.  Pretty impressive, I'd say.




No comments:

Post a Comment